Author Spotlight: Jerry Davis
The very first dimension of a man is his faith or belief in God. This is a solid foundation that absolutely must be established in order for a man to thrive in life. This is the basis for every man’s being. This world that we are living in today has created a distortion for men to yield to everything but God the creator of heaven and earth. The bible specifically says in Genesis 1:27, “So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him.”
-Book Excerpt from “5 Dimensions of A Man” by Jerry Davis
What inspired you to write, “5 Dimensions of a Man”? I was inspired to write this book because as a Man I have experienced all 5 Dimensions. I also felt that there is a need for transparency and help for men in today’s society. In my opinion Manhood is being diluted and distorted!
How long did it take me to write the book? It took approximately 6 weeks minus the weekends to complete.
Can you provide us with a few details about each type of Man in “5 Dimensions of A Man”?
- Faith -> The man rooted in his faith will be able to withstand whatever life throws at him. Since it’s his faith in God which sustains him, if there is no faith then he will succumb to the pressures of the world.
- Family -> The family is the most important unit to a man. He must serve and protect his family and provide for them all while loving them and showing compassion.
- Business -> A man doesn’t eat if he doesn’t work. He must have a plan to make a living to support his livelihood and that of his family but do it in a honorable way.
- Love -> A man must demonstrate love to his lady with a commitment that goes beyond the physical. Distinguishing that we as men enjoy sex but not confusing it with overall love for your lady.
- Self -> A man at the end of the day must deal with himself. All the other dimensions will be affected negatively or positively based upon how a man views himself. You have to look at the man in the mirror.
What can readers expect? Readers can expect a definitive view of 5 Dimensions that every man deals with. There is transparency from my own life also examples in today’s society backed by scripture with a poetic summary. It’s an easy and quick read but with substance.
Where can readers purchase your book?
“5 Dimensions of A Man” can be purchased from the following online booksellers:
What’s next for you, Jerry? I’m looking forward to speaking engagements and building my Brand to help empower Men, women, and youth.
Do you have plans to write another book? Yes, I do plan to write several more books.
What will it your next book be about? I have a collection of poetry spanning 16 years that I want to publish. I also have started on a fictitious story centered around relationships between a man and woman. Plus, whatever else God puts on my heart to write as I continue this journey in my purpose.
Stay Connected To Jerry
Mr. Jerry Davis was born in Chicago, Illinois. He grew up in Florida and Arkansas. He now resides in Memphis, Tennessee and is a father of a son. He works as an Educator in the public and charter schools of Memphis. He is a Life Coach and Mentor. He is an alumnus of Tennessee State University with a B.S. Degree in Computer Science. He is grounded in his Faith and an avid sports fan of the Chicago Bears and Chicago Bulls.
Facebook: Author Jerry Davis