This week and last week teachers all across the world prepared to go back into the classrooms for the upcoming school year. Teachers are by far some of the most important people on the planet. Teachers plant seeds in students that in life are watered and nurtured to develop our future leaders.
LET’S SUPPORT OUR TEACHERS
If you know a teacher or ever had a teacher, be sure to lift up a prayer for safety, sanity and success in the 2009-2010 school year. In addition, develop a good relationship with your child’s teacher (or any relative or neighbor’s teacher). Why? Teachers need an immense amount of support not just in the beginning of the year but throughout the year.
Here’s a few things that you can do for a SPECIAL TEACHER:
- Pray for him/her the entire school year
- Remember birthdays, holidays, appreciation days, etc. & surprise him/her with a gift
- Purchase supplies for students in the classroom (find out what is needed)
- Buy him/her breakfast or lunch
- Give a gift certificate/gift card to a teacher supply store (supplies do run out)
- Be a classroom volunteer
- Serve as a proctor during State Testing
- Go on a field trip and help chaperone
- Speak to class about your profession, etc.
- Read a book/books to class
- Help decorate bulletin boards, organize class library, etc.
- Speak encouraging, positive words
- Celebrate their efforts and hard work
The sky is the limit to supporting our teachers. Be sure to find out exactly how you can get involved because most school system’s require background checks and/or may have other visitation policies, etc. Nevertheless, find ways to let the teachers in your life know that they are Very Important People and treat them as such!
Verses & Quotes For Teachers To Meditate On:
- “We always thank God for all of you, mentioning you in our prayers.” 1 Thess. 1:2
- “Train up a child in the way he should go.” Proverbs 22:6
- “Seek the Lord and His strength, seek his face continually.” 1 Chronicles 16:11
- “They may forget what you said but they will never forget how you made them feel.”
~ Carol Buchner
- “Your role as a leader is even more important than you might imagine. You have the power to help people become winners.” ~Ken Blanchard
“It is not what is poured into a student that counts but what is planted.” ~Linda Conway
HAVE A GREAT YEAR TEACHERS!!!